Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Time...

*I've written a couple of pages today, and the paper's not due till Sunday. Maybe it's indulgent, but I don't feel the need to write any more tonight, especially since I've pretty much saved my weekend for writing it. (Though I should remember that I don't really have much time on Sundays for schoolwork, between possibly-double church and Top Model.)

*I have class tomorrow, but no reading for it; I have class Monday, but I've done the reading, because it's also for the paper.

*I finished season 5 of Buffy today and don't have season 6 yet. (Besides, I kind of want to sit with the end of season 5 a little.)

*I don't need to do my household chores until the weekend.

*I finished a (short YA) novel today while procrastinating on the paper. This means I've now read through most of the unfamiliar YA novels I've stumbled on in the house.

*I already made and ate a real dinner tonight (pierogies with sausage, onion, and peas).

*I've read blogs - and now I've even blogged.

*I've answered my emails.

*My roommates aren't home, and will likely go to bed or homework when they do get home.


Which leaves me with, um, time to myself. Should I start watching Angel? Should I wander around in search of a new book? (Note to self: need new fiction from public library.) Should I pick up my guitar? My knitting? Scrapbooking? I suppose I could do one of the things that always needs doing: extra housecleaning, thesis research, laundry, raking leaves (ok, maybe not in the dark, but it does need doing an awful lot). It's so rare, though, that I have this kind of time to myself, and I really only have an hour or two before it begins to be bedtime. Maybe I'll pour myself a glass of something and wander around the house until I see something interesting....

7 comments:

AKMA said...

There's that whole shelf of Dickens, and the Joyce collection. . . .

Beth said...

Yeah... Joyce doesn't so much do it for me, sorry. Dickens might be a possibility; there are several Dickens novels I haven't read. That is the one area of the house where I haven't really explored the books yet.

Raisin said...

Did you say sausage??

Emily Williams said...

Yeah, that's what I was going to say: sausage?!?

Beth said...

Boca Italian Sausage. Slice it up and throw it in with the pierogies and onions, and add a handful of peas, and you have yourself a lovely one-pot meal.

Emily Williams said...

*SIGH* Okay. Whew.

anummabrooke said...

Late comment:
If you get into Angel, you'll find that Season One of Angel corresponds to Season Four of Buffy, and so Season Two of Angel corresponds to Season Five of Buffy. (You probably already figured this out from when A leaves B, but might not know that they stay "in synch").