Friday, April 30, 2004

My heart is so full of love for this community and the people in it. I can't believe that my last Wednesday night service here is over - that's been such a huge part of what I've done here this year. And it was a great service - we had a really good crowd, especially considering it's the last week of classes, and Emily was here to celebrate, and it was great having a priest who not only is really cool but who the community is comfortable with and knows, and we had fun readings and songs, and I made it all the way through my sermon without actually completely losing track of what I was saying, and then we got to eat cake and hang out afterwards! I was completely surprised by the cake/stories/etc. I wrote afterwards in my journal that it was kind of like being at my own funeral, except without the death, because the sitting around telling funny stories about someone part felt like the type of thing you would do at a funeral. Which is not to say that I didn't like it - it was a lot of fun.
And that shot of Cecily falling off the couch had better be on the video for this year. That was the funniest thing I've seen - well, heard - in a while.

Anyway, you guys (by which I guess I mean Ryan and Katy, who might actually read this ;) ) are fantastic. Thank you all, so much, for everything.

No comments: