Sunday, June 05, 2005

First day

Tonight, I laid out a freshly ironed blouse and slacks, along with the necessary accessories. Then I made myself a sandwich, washed myself some grapes, and tossed them in a paper bag with a granola bar. I packed a book, my calendar, a notebook, and my purse, and they're waiting on the futon. It's like the first day of school, except I haven't gotten this prepared for the first day of school in at least ten years, maybe fifteen. I feel like I should stand in front of the door of Hibbard tomorrow morning so my mother can take my picture.

Yes, tomorrow I start CPE. I'm a little nervous, a little resentful, and a little hopeful all at the same time. It should be an interesting first day - and hopefully an interesting and beneficial summer as well.

7 comments:

Jane Ellen+ said...

I'm not your mom; but if I were there, I'd take your picture. (^_^)

Anonymous said...

LOL.

I will look forward to seeing you there. It should be a fun summer.

Peace!

Ryan said...

Many blessings! I look forward to hearing about it!

-R

Anonymous said...

Oh - you should have called! I would have come down (not your mother, either...but you know...)!

Anonymous said...

that was from heather...

Emily said...

So how did it go?

Beth said...

Heather, I know better than to think that you'd want to come down to Hibbard at 6:30 am.