Tuesday, June 08, 2004

So I actually only had to teach a dozen girls, and since they were nearly all teenagers, it went fine. I made them do all the boring lecture part about how to do things correctly and then I let them play. They had fun.

Tomorrow I will go out with Kiery and we will play with the boats ourselves. This will be lots of fun and give me a chance to practice my solo canoeing. I wish to be confident enough in my solo paddling to teach by my self from a solo canoe, preferably by next week.

Today, however, I meet my new bishop for the first time. I do not think this will be too nervewracking, because I have seen him in public before and have heard about him, and he seems to be quite friendly and personable. Case in point: I went to the Cleveland area "conversations with the bishop" night last week and was the reporter from our group, and after everything was over, I passed Bishop Hollingsworth and he said "thanks, you did a great job". This makes me happy.

I do not relish the idea of wearing a suit today, when it will be close to 90 outside. I also do not see an alternative. I do however get to wear a skirt instead of pants.

This post is getting long. I'll stop now.

No comments: