Sunday, February 19, 2006

Why do you torment me so, creature?

Something is chirping. Or squeaking. It's doing so at a more or less regular pace. It does not appear to be coming from the windows - in fact, it's loudest when I stand right in the middle of my living quarters, away from all doors and windows. I'd say it was a bird, except what would a bird be doing in my walls? I'd say it was a mouse, except it's awfully regular for a mouse. (Plus, I'd really like for it not to be a mouse.) Whatever it is, it's driving me batty. (ok, no pun intended there - I really hope it's not a bat.) Animals and their sounds do not belong in any part of my indoor living quarters.

4 comments:

Northland A said...

Maybe a squirrel? They tend to be rather noisy when at home (either in theirs or yours).

Dawgdays said...

A cricket, maybe?

Anonymous said...

ooooh, cricket, that would be great. I'm gonna vote cricket. They're very regular and so nice and tiny (and easy to squash should it become necessary);.

Beth said...

Well, I don't think it was either one. But it's stopped now, so that's what I care about for now. It's a lot easier to think about pacifism and exegesis and wisdom and innocence and such without the chirping.