Thursday, November 09, 2006

In the House of Grapes

I'm blogging tonight from the House of Grapes, where I'm poodle-sitting for Maggie while her humans are off at Diocesan Convention. I'd written more to this post earlier, but my battery died faster than I expected and I lost the post. (Really, I ought just to get a new battery - it's now lasting less than 20 minutes. Maybe over Thanksgiving break.) The gist of it is that I find the House of Grapes a very warm, calm, and centering place, despite being made of cinder block. I think it will be a good place to be this weekend. That's about all the quality I can give in a second go at this post tonight. I'll try to think of something more scintillating to offer tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When that happened to my first iBook (about two years in, I think), I bought a PowerBook. The battery idea is cheaper, though.

But it is frustrating, isn't it? It drove me nuts when I couldn't go more than 20 minutes away from an outlet.

Beth said...

Yep, two years in is right exactly where I am now.