Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Back to the grindstone, sort of

Well, in so far as my hometown's... thing.... is the grindstone, because it started life as a quarry town.* So I'm back to the land of the grindstone, but otherwise very much on break. Today my accomplishments have included going to Book and Bean to use the wireless (much, much faster and more satisfying than trying to read blogs and such on my parents' computer), returning a couple of library books for my mother, and looking at the questions I'm supposed to answer for my Seabury candidacy evaluation. Not answering any of them, mind you, just rereading them and sort of noting their existence. Now I'm off to the grocery store to pick up a few things - my parents have been home little enough recently that most of the food in the house is leftover sweets from their party this weekend, or frozen meat.


*What does one call that sort of a thing? It's not a mascot, quite, or a symbol or sign or anything like that. And it's more than just a nickname (The Grindstone City) because there are actual grindstones around and such. It's a... thing.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

motif? device?