Take the first 5 novels from your bookshelf... then do the following:
1. Book 1 - take first sentence
2. Book 2 - the fifth sentence on page 57 (see note on 5)
3. Book 3 - second sentence on page 100
4. Book 4 - next to last sentence on page 150
5. Book 5 - Final sentence of the book. (how is this different from what I did with book 2? I'm changing number 2.)
Make the five sentences into a paragraph. Feel free to cheat and make it a better paragraph. Name the sources and then post.
There is a lovely road that runs from Ixopo into the hills. There is something to be learned here, and we have to find out what. Worauf der Hund sich hinlegte und sich willig von Sofie streicheln liess. Meg had a quiet rapture, and then brooded over the letter, while Jo set the sick-room in order, and Hannah "knocked up a couple of pies in case of company unexpected." Es sah ganz danach aus, als sollte dieser Sommer viel besser werden als der letzte.
1. Cry the Beloved Country
2. A Swiftly Tilting Planet
3. Sofies Welt
4. Little Women
5. Harry Potter und der Gefangene von Askaban
As penance for the fact that half my novels here aren't in English, and because I like books, here's the nonfiction version:
Geb the earth commanded the Ennead to assemble. He made many promises, which are repeated in the following chapters. And yet, ultimately, our underwater, intuitive selves are never really incompatible with the above-water, intellectual part of our wholeness. The Bible, I say, the Bible only, is the religion of Protestants. I knew the dust would stay.
1. Old Testament Parallels (ed. Matthews and Benjamin)
2. Paul (E.P. Sanders)
3. Walking on Water (L'Engle)
4. Reformation Thought (McGrath)
5. The Shared Heart (ed. Mastoon)