A. Put your music playlist on random.
B. Post the first line of the first 20 songs that start to play (along with these instructions).
C. Have your friends try to guess the title & artist for each lyric in the comments
D. No googling!
1. Si got this. It's Hammer and a Nail, Indigo Girls.
2. Scapulis suis obumbrabit tibi Dominus et sub pennis ejus sperabis
3. Si got this, too. Power of Two, Indigo Girls.
4. Si more or less got this. The actual title is Jacob in Egypt, from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
5. There they gathered, in the meadow, in the meadow two by two (Close, Rory, but try again.)
6. Some folks are born made to wave the flag
7. Slappin' leather was devised during a wild streak in her life
[skipping Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, since it's hard to post the first line of an orchestral piece]
8. We get to be a ripple in the water
9. Rory got this (eventually ;) .) It's Champagne Supernova, by Oasis.
10. It was in the March of the winter I turned 17
11. Rory got this. The Flood, from Children of Eden
12. Rory got this, which is only right. It's What You Wish For, by Guster.
[skipping Come, Risen Lord, because it's no fun if the title is de facto the first line]
13. Am I the kind of brother who would leave you standing on this lonesome railroad track?
14. All the corners filled with sorrow, all the streets are filled with pain
[skipping When I Survey the Wondrous Cross, for the same reason as Come, Risen Lord]
15. Living under June, living under her
16. At last, my love has come along
17. Let the phone ring, let's go back to sleep
18. Rory got this. It's Father of Mine, by Everclear.
19. I'm blazing a trail that leads to vice
20. The boy, he thinks I'm damaged goods