Thursday, September 29, 2005

Now is come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God...

Well, it turned out Ryan was right. The rehearsal was a little tighter than I expected, and a little more rushed than we might have liked, but the service was lovely. My heart was racing until I finished the epistle, even though I knew I was perfectly well prepared and I didn't feel nervous, exactly. I was able to pray well in this service, and it felt smooth and worshipful to me. It's amazing to me how much more comfortable I am in the chapel this year, even for the wedding a couple weeks ago. It's been a long time since I had that kind of visceral sense that I know more or less what needs to happen, and I am glad of it.

And for those who were waiting to hear about the war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon. The dragon and his angels fought back, but they were defeated. :)

I do like hearing stories over again.

1 comment:

Jane Ellen+ said...

Some things about Seabury I do not regret leaving behind... but I do miss daily chapel...