Wednesday, September 21, 2005

well, damn

I thought I was fairly well aware that my seniors will not be here this year. I'd pretty well got over that denial and have now even started active denial of the possibility that, say, Hope and Andrew might leave this year. But apparently I was wrong, because today at Eucharist I realized that I hadn't quite found a chapel seat I really liked because subconsciously, I was listening for a place where I could hear Jane, Susie, and Dave singing around me.

In case you were wondering, this was not exactly a pleasant realization. It helps that the incoming class is really great, but today - I miss my seniors wicked bad. Y'all should feel free to return any time now. ;)

7 comments:

Dawgdays said...

Yah. When you first posted about orientation, it really hit me how much I missed being there.

Jane Ellen+ said...

Singing in the chapel, and being surrounded by singers I love, is one of those things I really do miss.

Try sitting near Raisin... (^_^)

Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

you *know* the feeling is mututal :)

Beth said...

Yes, Raisin and I are hoping to sit one in front of the other on the end, right in front of Milner. She also misses those seats.

But it's not the same. :)

Anonymous said...

I miss that business too! Singing! Why don't people do it more?

Thanks for the props.

Anonymous said...

YEA! come back... we can all sing together.

and Beth - don't worry - i'll come back to sing with you every once in a while... (hope that's reassuring!)
:)

heather

Tripp Hudgins said...

Shall we begin an alumi/ae chior?