Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Insert cliche here

Good: My copy of A Light Blazes in the Darkness came today. I was afraid it might not come because I got a less-than-helpful email from Lulu saying "Oh my! There's a problem with your order. We'll refund or change it." and I didn't really know what that meant. But it came today! Yay!

Bad: My ethics paper is still no closer to being done than when I went to bed on Sunday. I took Monday off to do Greek and yesterday had a four hour rehearsal for Major Barbara before coming home and finishing the Greek, and so it's still just there. I really wish it were actually due tomorrow so that I'd finish it then. I'm going to try to convince my brain that there really is a deadline coming up and I need to finish it, but I work very poorly when I'm not writing against a moderately pressing deadline. At this point, though, I just need to get it done - or at least drafted, so I can start treating it as a writing piece and not a thinking piece (not that writing isn't thinking, but you know what I mean).

Ugly: I don't know whether it's pre-Thanksgiving blues, hormones, weather, plunge readjustment, or what, but I've been extremely moody since I got back from plunge, and it's driving me batty. Ugh.

No comments: