Sunday, March 27, 2005

in case you were wondering...

Christ IS risen!

It happened this year, indeed. We arose for a 5:15 service and were not disappointed - the tomb was empty. I survived singing solos at 5:30 and 6:30 am, basically, sang "Welcome, happy morning!" (minus verses 2 & 3, but I dealt) and had a fine brunch with friends.

Somehow I forgot to take a nap today before the 6 pm Easter dinner - really, if someone knows how I possibly forgot to take a nap after getting up at 4 am, please let me know. But I had a great day chatting with Hope and then eating with friends, and then my parents joined us after dinner for dessert and wine!

18.5 hours and half a bottle of Montepulciano later, I'll wish you all a happy and blessed Easter week!

He is risen, he is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice:
he has burst his three days' prison;
let the whole wide earth rejoice:
death is conquered, we are free,
Christ has won the victory.

No comments: