Thursday, March 10, 2005

pizza bagels bad

I've never liked pizza bagels. Even the one night they were really good at Smith, and my roommate ate something like ten of them, they weren't that great. They're usually crunchy on the bottom and soggy on the top and then greasy over that, and they're made with bland bread and sauce and cheese and often taste like cardboard. Here at Seabury, it's also a way to use up all the extra bagels before break, so we have pizza bagels on cinnamon raisin and poppyseed and so forth. But they've never hurt me before today. Today I bit into my pizza bagel and the sauce was so hot - temperature-wise, not spice-wise - that it burned the roof of my mouth so badly that my skin is peeling off of it.

I am not a fan. I am, however, a fan of ice. I believe eating ice is helping much more than my lunchtime neighbor's suggestion of drinking soy sauce. Ice is good.

No comments: