Monday, August 01, 2005

off again, on again

It's not that I've never had a day off before, or that I've never worked too many days in a row. But I'd definitely forgotten how much energy it gives me to take time off once in a while and recuperate. I worked a shift this weekend still, and I worked today - but I have more energy now than I've had in weeks. It doesn't hurt knowing that I have only three weeks left - that's 16 shifts, two clinicals, one evaluation, one spiritual care rounds presentation, 7 round trip bus rides, etc. It's not that I got an extraordinary amount of sleep this weekend - turns out sleep wasn't actually what I needed, overall. I still don't relish the thought of floor work and random visits - but I'm not actively avoiding them now. In fact, I made more initial visits today than any other day this summer, I think.

Huzzah for time to watch movies, read books, paint, write, and ponder! And here's to a month off in a few weeks, with more time for movies and books and art - and family and friends!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Not necessarily a response, but just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you as CPE winds down. Blessings as you near the end of this part of the journey!