Thursday, October 27, 2005

Plunge!

For those who don't live and breathe Seabury culture, tomorrow begins the "Plunge" - where they ship us off around the country in small groups to observe congregations. I'll be with two other students in Wyoming, learning about Mutual Ministry.

While our host has wireless, we're not actually living with our host (yeah, I know, it sounds weird), and I don't know how much spare time we'll have hanging out at his house. So, like when I go home, it's still possible that I might blog daily or nearly daily - or it's possible that I might not blog again until I get back. We'll have to see.

Pray for safe travels for all the "plungers." It makes me a little nervous to be sending a third of my active community off around the country, all traveling at once.

2 comments:

geebrooke said...

Wyoming's motto is "Equal Rights." It has some 500k people on some 10k square miles, averaging then 50 people per square mile. It boasts a 10,700-foot difference between its lowest and highest elevations! The name, "Wyoming," derives from the Delaware Indian words, MECHEWEAMI-ING, meaning, "on the great plains." Devil's Tower National Monument, made famous in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," is in Wyoming.

http://wyoming.gov/

Have fun!

Raisin said...

Just know that our cars now are parked next to each other in the Seabury lot, keeping watch while we're away. :)