Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Grr.

I am finding it extremely difficult to be as productive as I'd like this week. It's much easier to do lots and lots of work while other people at least have work to do also. Getting lots and lots of work done when my neighbors are hanging out is harder. Case in point: Today I was supposed to get CPE applications sent out and go to the library before lunch. I got most of the applications out (all but the St Louis one) before lunch (only because I didn't go to lunch until I mailed them). After lunch I was heading into town to go to the bank and then the library and Debra and Laurel kidnapped me and took me with them to lunch. I finally got back from the library in the middle of the afternoon, which meant that the reading I was supposed to have done last night, when Hope and Andrew came over with a movie, and finished this morning, got finished this afternoon...

I'm actually still doing ok on my schedule so far -less than half a day behind - but I'm foreseeing a lot of cooking and socializing in the next three days, and getting my paper written in time to do any other work this week will be a challenge. Hrmph. If only I didn't so enjoy other people's company...

On the topic of other people's company - Marisa: I will not, as you may have surmised from the above, be home for Thanksgiving; however I will be home for a while over Christmas also, and we should defninitely get together.

now returning to my regularly scheduled programming...

No comments: