Saturday, February 19, 2005

"yeah the blessings, at the moment i was most alone..."

I think Rhonda is psychic. Two weeks ago, the weekend after the GM debacle, I was missing her a lot. I knew she would have understood completely and brought some good levity to the situation. That Monday, I got a surprise package with a present Rhonda had picked up on her trip to Jerusalem and a postcard quoting "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how often have I longed to gather you as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you would not let me" (only in Latin).
This week, I finally wrote Rhonda a thank-you letter and I mentioned how providential the timing of her package had been. Today (which, as you may have noticed, is the day after last night) I got a phone call from her, full of the righteous indignation and wicked sense of humor I'd been missing. It was really great to talk to her, and to laugh like that. She's a very funny woman, and a marvelously loving one as well. I have had very good luck with roommates in my life, and for that I am thankful.

No comments: