Thursday, December 16, 2004

chinese food and piercing and guster, oh my!

So if you hadn't guessed from the title, I did go ahead and get my nose pierced. And sorry, Raisin, but I went with the stud. Just not sure my parish would be ok with the hoop. Maybe I'll try it later this year. They had to put it in a slightly different place than last time, because apparently the first piercing was too low. But it's looking like a way healthier piercing than the first one really ever was, so I'm pretty happy about that. The stud is a blue stone set in silver, and a little bigger than the old ones, but not actually large.

Before that, however, we went to a new Chinese restaurant. They had undoubtedly the very best Chinese food I've ever eaten in my life. I intend to file a complaint with the heavenly council about the fact that this restaurant opened this year and not last year. It's delicious food. Delicious, delicious food.

Guster is also delicious, but not delicious food. Delicious music. And now I have a Guster mix cd, to be used for Guster evangelism, and I've been promised a data cd with lots of other Guster music on it, for my own purposes. This is exciting partly because I'd been promised the Guster cd for so very, very long... and now I have it. Still don't have the promised Cake/Guster mix, but you know. Now Ryan's going to burn it for me...

... but quickly, because then we have to leave and go to the airport. And that will be sad. I want to keep my St Louis friends with me, not leave them. I'm sure home will be lovely, but, you know, St Louis is nice too. Especially the friends part.

Well, friends and incredibly good Chinese food....

No comments: