Sunday, December 12, 2004

prayer books, prayer books, everywhere

Reading through back entries of Wes' blog has reminded me that there's another version of the "pick up the nearest book and type x sentence" out there... well, ok, that Totoro-Ryan and I, ahem, adjusted it last year when it was popular. If I remember correctly, our version reads as follows:

Pick up the nearest Book of Common Prayer.
Start reading it aloud to the nearest person. Keep reading it until the person says something.
Post the first thing they say, along with these instructions.

If I'm not mistaken, this originated out of a whole series of blog entries where the fifth sentence on page 123 was out of the Evening Prayer service (I'm pretty sure that's what's on page 123). And really, everyone posting the same sentence got boring, though the fact of the matter was amusing.

No comments: