Friday, December 24, 2004

Taters, taters everywhere...

A week or two ago, AKMA said to me that he could think of only one use for potatoes, aside from potato printing. This led to my commitment to recover the directions for making a potato lamp (see previous post). Here, then, are several possible uses for potatoes, other than eating them and stamping with them:

The famous potato lamp

Want a potato menorah?

Power your alarm clock by potato!

Seeking a new culture medium for fungus and bacteria? (scroll down to find the potato part)

Less impressive: a potato groundhog (scroll down on this one also)

I also found directions for making a gun that will shoot potatoes, but this doesn't strike me as warranting a link here.

Yes, if there's one thing I've learned from the Girl Scouts, it's that there's more than one use for everything.

No comments: