Friday, January 20, 2006

In lieu of a concert:

I'm having a blast this afternoon, relaxing at Panera with my computer and iTunes. What makes it so much fun? Well, I'm researching, and I'm in the early stages. I'm not sure if it's a good sign or a bad one that bopping around catalogs and indices looking for sources for my New Testament research probe feels like "play" for me right now, but it does. I can justify not working on my disputatio (which is probably what I should be doing), because I'm doing homework. But it doesn't feel like homework - it feels like play.* Hooray for leisurely (virtual) strolls through the BS catalog!

*Admittedly, what I'd really like to do tonight is go see One of the Girls. But since I really can't justify taking the time to go to a concert right now, this is a decent way to spend a couple of hours. If you're looking for something to do tonight, though, you should definitely go. They rock (and folk, and bluegrass, etc).

No comments: